Criteo Integration Guide¶
OneTag 2.0 - Sub-domain delegation¶
OneTag 2.0 is Criteo’s latest cross-device innovation protecting your reach of shoppers as well as facilitating ad relevance and ensuring accurate sales attribution.
To implement OneTag 2.0 it is necessary that you delegate Criteo a sub-domain by creating a CNAME record in your name-server/hosting platform.
In a Domain Name System (DNS) context, a Canonical Name (often abbreviated CNAME) record is a name-server resource record that maps one domain name (an alias) to another domain name (the Canonical name) (section 3.3.1 of RFC 1035).
Please create the following CNAME record(s) on your name-server/hosting platform.
|Sub-domain to delegate||CNAME/Points to|
You should be able to achieve this by following these generic steps:
- Connect to the platform managing the domain of the website (the name-server or the hosting platform).
- Navigate to the DNS Management section.
- Identify the functionality that allows the user to manage resource records (i.e. A, AAAA or CNAME records).
- Add a CNAME record having the subdomain(s) provided by Criteo precisely pointing to
- Confirm the configuration to your Criteo point of contact.
Find below a list of the most commonly used hosting platform each linking to the appropriate CNAME setup support page:
As a reminder, all calls that Criteo will perform to the delegated sub-domain(s) will be secured by individual SSL/TLS certificates bought and managed by Criteo at no additional cost.
Questions? Feel free to reach out to your Criteo point of contact!